farewell to potential

I am initially shocked at losing JJ and I hate to see "our best basketball player" go.  But the brass may have seen that the sum of his skills did not and would not?? add up to a super-smooth guard who can dribble, pass, shoot, rebound, defend--all that with speed and attitude and low turnovers.  He did all of that for a month.  Is there something they see that convinces them that it can't return?  I think he is clearly superior to the other two rooks.  Still, I don't see what they see.  I just watch TV.

I think they are into a muscle mode, a "fight like wolves" mode and JJ didn't fit this.  Delk does; perhaps a soon-to-be 31 year old Rogers does, too.  But we need a 6'10" bloke on the blocks.

Is this going to diminish EW's time?  Is Kenny about to be traded for a big man?  With Forte on IR again (I assume), does he really have a future here?  I would say the trade makes sense if we're a team of 2002-2004.  But I think building for the whole decade is preferable.  We'll make a good run this year, but that's enough for me.  I hope we haven't sold potential greatness for a few solid vets.  I like Rogers and Delk; I wouldn't have made the trade.  They can merely get us around the next bend in the road.  I hope there is further movement.  Cheers,  Gene