Trade

> from ESPN.com:

> The Boston Celtics, looking to gain ground in the wide-open Eastern
> Conference, acquired guard Tony Delk and forward Rodney Rogers from the
> Phoenix Suns on Wednesday for guards Joe Johnson, Randy Brown and Milt
> Palacio, ESPN's David Aldridge reports.
>
> The Suns also get Boston's No. 1 pick in this year's draft.
>
> Heading into Wednesday's action, the Celtics were 31-23, the third-best
> record in the East. Phoenix is struggling in the West at 25-28.

This came out of nowhere.  What's next, a trade for Alvin Williams?  A
deal to grab Jermaine O'Neal?  I like Randy Brown, but he was of no
consequence on the court this year.  Similarly, Milt Palacio.  But giving
up JJ halfway through the season, and the pick this year (which is looking
to be pretty high up, I guess)?  Do we still have a pick this year, like
maybe Philly's?  But the C's may not use it because it's protected/could
be used in future years, right?

Didn't Walker and/or Pierce come out and ask that the team not tinker with
personnel this season?  I hope Delk and Rogers are worth it (and they may
very well be), but I hope even more than this doesn't screw up the
cohesion those headband-wearing Celtics are enjoying. Do Delk and Rogers
come in, and immediately start wearing the headbands?

Just not sure about this one.  Is the best player Delk?  Joe Johnson?  The
pick?  Time will tell, I guess.

Bird