RE: Re: [Celtic_Pride] Does...

All I'll say is that Toine has good nights and poor nights...just like other
players in the league.  But to say he doesn't do the other things to help is
team win is wrong.  He plays hurt.  He has heart.  He rebounds well.  He
passes well.

Problem is that there is an extremely high standard on this list for him to
achieve.  That is one of the problems.  How many times have we read a post
concerning him which contained "like Bird"  for instance.

He is not a Bird-like player any more than Battie is a Russell-like player.
Judging him based on what we have seen in the past will just lead to more
gray hair.

We know that his shot selection sucks some time.  But he averages far more
assists than most players his size in the league today.  His rebound per
game average is impressive considering all the perimeter shots he takes,
with the blessing of his coach.

You mention his lack of speed/hustle getting downcourt on the break.
Perhaps he needs to pace himself with the amount of minutes he's logging so
far.

But the fact is he is here to stay.  You can complain throughout the
duration of his career though if you like.  But isn't it easier to accept
that he has strengths and weaknesses like everyone else, and just support
the team?

They are doing well.  Find some positives.  I know you want to Mark and I
know you are a staunch supporter of the team.  There's no harm in showing
your support.

Cecil Wright, Nova Scotia Community Coordinator
Community Mobilization Program
Department of Justice Canada
Duke Tower - Suite 1400
5251 Duke Street