Re: Trade offer for the Celts

On Sat, Feb 16, 2002 at 12:27:37PM -0500, David A Wickerham wrote:
> According to the Herald, Nuggets have come to the Celtics, asking for
> Kenny Anderson for Nick Van Exel.  Who would have thought that was
> possible 4 months ago!!!  According to the Herald, the deal wouldn't
> happen unless Van Exel agreed to opt out of the last two years of his
> contract.

Holy cow.  Now imagine combining this with the scenario of trading for
Russel, as a way of getting Vin Baker (if his injury is not too serious).

Boston trades Kenny Anderson for Van Exel
Boston trades McCarty, Randy Brown and 1st round draft pick for Bryon Russel
Boston trades Bryon Russel and Potapenko for Vin Baker

That would be two upgrades and all we've really given up is a draft pick.

Francis