RE: [Celtics' Stuff Re: Salary dump?

If the trade was for any position but the 2-3 it might make sense to me.

Go get a passing point guard, a power forward or a tall center prospect and
maybe.  But I'd rather play the rookies and lose then win an extra game or 2
in the playoffs with a rent-a-player.  (Not meaning any personal disrespect
to B. Russell)  I want "this team" to make it into the playoffs and do what
they can and garner the experience from that for next year and beyond.

I'd hold on to the pick if possible.  An opportunity to trade a first round
this year and first rounder next year may move you up in the draft with
someone else who has multiple picks to get a potential player.  Or just
drafting tall guys and see who pans out.  As Moiso and Travis Knight proved,
you can always trade a tall player if he doesn't work out.

Randy Browns salary (as bad as this contract signing was)  isn't going to
handcuff this team to much if he they keep him on the cap for another year.

<Jim

Joe H. questioned:

Snip...