RE: [Celtics' Stuff

Welcome back Joe.

Cecil

-----Original Message-----
From: hironaka@nomade.fr [mailto:hironaka@nomade.fr]
Sent: February 15, 2002 3:50 PM
To: Celticsstuffgroup@yahoogroups.com
Cc: celtics@igtc.com
Subject: RE: [Celtics' Stuff

You wrote:
I'm not exaggerating when I say you could have taken the
first-round picks and thrown darts and the majority of
the time, you would have come away with more help than the
Celts got in this draft. They blew it, and there's no way
out of it at this point. The guys they did take have no
value-NONE-so they can't sort it out with trade.

--------

Why not blame every GM equally for passing up Tinsley and
Parker until the 27th pick?

Your jumping to conclusions big time here.

You ought to hold the teams that picked ahead of us by
the same standards.

How are Kwame Brown, Rodney White, Tyson Chandler, Eddie
Curry, Sagana Diop doing as rookies? Those guys ride the
bench on horrible teams, not playoff teams.

If you aren't writing off any of those top-ten picks (you
probably shouldn't), don't write off our kids either.
Much of the cream will eventually rise to the top.

This "look what happened in the draft" argument is really
jumping the gun at this stage in the game. Even knowing
what we know after half a season, I'm not sure I would
have anything except the 21st pick any differently.

And even Forte is going to show something I'd bet (maybe
not in Boston). Just give it time.

The Kedrick injury is bit of a shame. It could have been
Kedrick, not Jason Richardson, coming off All Star
weekend as the dunk champ and with a starting job. That
was an untimely setback for him.

At least he and JJ are coming along compared to over half
the players drafted ahead of them. Give them all a little
of your patience instead of singling just our guys out as
dart board picks.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
Pour crier votre adresse : http://www.nomade.fr/courrier/ouvrir.asp
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?