RE: [Celtics' Stuff Re: Salary dump?

Uproar? A first-round pick for a "shooting guard" shooting 36 percent (29
percent from 3pt range)? A first-round pick for a guy they clearly don't
want to resign after the season? I don't care what Russell has done in the
past, the Russell involved in THIS trade at THIS time, stinks. And he's not
worth a first-round pick. I'd think Jazz fans would throw a party.
Unfortunately the "braintrust" in Boston has done such a lousy job drafting
in the last several years that many Boston fans have been conditioned to
believe that first-round picks are useless. They're not. You don't sell them
to lower payroll. You sell them to create cap room to sign someone
occasionally, but not just to lower payroll.

Mark