Re: Wallace: Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

In a message dated 2/14/02 8:15:41 AM Pacific Standard Time,
berrym@BATTELLE.ORG writes:

> Most
> fans are satisfied that the team is better and probably headed to a playoff
> berth. Why spend more to achieve more? The customers are satisfied with
> hamburger... why give them steak?

Why are these mutually exclusive?  When you've been eating dirt, hamburger is
pretty good and whets your appetite for steak.  I am very satisfied that the
team is better and is headed for the playoffs, but that doesn't mean that the
same record five, three or even two years down the road will make me happy.
I think historians call it something like the revolution of rising
expectations.