Re: Van Exel

> Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 09:39:46 -0500
> From: "D B" <dajubo@earthlink.net>
> Subject: Van Exel
>
> According to RealGM, Van Exel for Kenny Anderson straight-up works under
> the cap. This is a deal that the Cs should pursue, as we'd finally have a
> legitimate 3rd scoring option.
>

> - -David

Hmm I am not sure the Nuggets would make that trade...
I think we would have to throw in a draft pick or a player.

I rather doubt they would. Is Van Exel good enough for a deal like that?
Truth be told I think JJ could play point. The guy seems to have a great
handle,
and he can pass. Seems to me the Nuggets might want JJ and Kenny.

Thats the problem with trades..we don't know what the other side is offering.
I still think its a shame that we didnt pick up Alvin Williams. That would
have
been a sweet trade.

But I think what we really need is a versatile banger. He doesn't have to be
great..
Every team but the Celtics tends to have two of these kinda guys.  A strong
6'8-6'10
who can rebound and throw down some dunks. He should be able to play anywhere
on the front line.

Mcarty and E.Williams aren't enough support for the forwards....
I like our extra wing players of Brown and JJ... for the long term.

Except for Potapenko our bench is too small and/or weak.

Pete