Re: Rumors

In a message dated 2/5/2002 11:54:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
johnlyell@hotmail.com writes:

> The Suns reportedly are offering a first-round draft pick and a player, most
> likely forward John Wallace. Toney Battie & Forte for Jackson?

Gee, all of a sudden tonight I keep putting my two cents in. Sorry John,
nothing personal!

Why would Golden State want Battie when they already have a crowded
frontcourt and won't play Jackson? However, it has been rumored that they
were interested in Forte and it has been said that they want an expiring
contract plus a first round pick in the deal. Maybe they'd do it for Forte,
McCarty and our first rounder. Or maybe we can package VP instead of our
first rounder and make it a three team deal. Our first round pick might not
be worth much in their eyes since it may be around 20 or so (especially if we
added Jackson). Meanwhile, our first rounder could be very valuable to us,
even late in the draft, with all the point guards coming out. Even then,
Jackson would have to agree to it and we have never been mentioned among his
preferences.

George