McHale

    I have the same recollection.  He wanted to go back to Minnesota.  At
least he still cares about his former team and watches part of their games.

Dorine

On another note, elsewhere it was written that McHale had wanted to work
with
the Celtics but was spurned by them.  I seem to recall that when his playing
days in Boston came to an end, his #1 priority was to get back to Minnesota
as
quickly as possible.  His intention was to work for a team there.