Re: Code Blue! Celts lose!

From: Eggcentric@xxxxxxx

< What I find really interesting is that people use the less-than-
spectacular play as evidence to support their own agendas as to
What The Team Needs (tm). > - Bird

Every Celt follower, Homer or Whiner, knows what our warts are
(lack of inside presence, point guard, rebounding, offensive plan,
a weak bench, too many duties put upon AW and PP, poor drafting,
poor FA signings, etc., etc.).  These are the blatant ongoing
weaknesses that are now coming back to haunt us.
No, not every Celt follower knows these things. That's my point: that we all have different viewpoints and opinions, and yet we can all use the same evidence to support our disparate claims. It's just interesting to me.

It's truer to say that every Celt follower knows what he or she thinks of as the "warts" (and the benefits, as well).

I do not understand why you would so self-consciously and
smugly refer to said truthful observances as an agenda.
I guess if your cup is half full it is not an agenda?
I identified it as an "agenda" because that's what it is. We all have an agenda: a set of preconceived notions about the Celtics and how they play. It's called being human. We see what we want to see sometimes, or we match what we saw after the fact to how we think presently, or what-have-you. Again, we all do this, it's inherent in our humanness, probably. So, cup half full, half empty, no cup, cup twice as large as it needs to be, waiting on cup delivery -- whatever, they're all agendas. "Agenda" isn't being used as a pejorative here, but rather as a descriptive term. However, if it makes you uncomfortable, substitute another term in your mind, like "viewpoint", "opinion", or the like.

Bird