We need a tweak and some PP protection

As bad as it looks right now, at least we are 18-11 and we have some cushion
while we sort it out.

As I have stated earlier, I believe teams have figured out the Celtics. I
believe that teams are getting used to zone type defenses. I wouldn't call
the C's defense a matchup zone since they don't necessarily match up. But
teams now are going away with the bruiser down low that worked with previous
rules to go with a guy who can shoot and move around. On defense, the Cs are
getting killed when they blitz the penetrator when he passes back to the
screener (like Stepania). In a normal zone or man-to-man, this guy would be
covered. We also collapse to the penetrator or funnel to the low post leaving
several people open outside. I think Harter's defense worked before teams
were able to adjust to the new rules. It still could work but requires a
great amount of energy and depth. I don't think we have that right now. The
reasons for this have already been stated or debated. I believe that the Cs
have to be able to alter their defense at times to a man-to-man or a regular
zone to throw teams off.

On the offensive side, I blame Obie. As he sows, so shall he reap. Unless
somehow a three-pointer is easier to shoot than a layup, I can't see how we
can get some easier scores in this offensive scheme. For Obie to say that we
had good looks and just didn't hit them is just not facing reality. Of course
it is easier to shoot a dunk shot than a three pointer. Like Tommy said, that
is why they give three points for it. We have designed our offense to attempt
the hardest shot possible. Obie says it is because of the personnel he has
available. I would like to see some offense generated from the low post,
through Baker. Let him make the pass. That isn't in the offense.

As bad as it seems, it wouldn't take more than a tweak for us to get rolling
again in these crazy schemes. Walker and PP are that good. Even if we don't
solve the problems in the above two paragraphs, if we could just get a
replacement for Shammond, I think we would be back in the running. He is just
killing us folks. He totally stagnates the offense. Although the Cs started
to lose their lead prior, he again was the kiss of death to us when he came
in. I don't know why Obie doesn't see it. Bremer has much more offensive
instincts than Shammond. Even Tommy was snorting on how Shammond was kicking
the ball out when he had a wide open 10 footer. You have to beat zones with
passing or shooting them out of it. And it you are able to penetrate down the
gut, you have to make them pay of it.

Another coaching complaint: When PP again got whacked in the face for the
third game in a row, I would have immediately went to Baker or Woko to go in
and to hard foul a Heat player, preferably one of their better players like
Eddie Jones. You just can't let teams think they can get away with
man-handling you. I think the Cs are getting a reputation for being a finesse
team and I think that is affecting PPs shooting. Scouting reports will show
that you can whack em hard and they will settle for the outside shot. Obie
has to get some toughness on this team, some nastyness. For PP to be
effective, he has to be slashing to the rim and he has to be protected...

DJessen33