Re: Nice Pickup By The Sixers

From: JB <jimmetz@xxxxxxx>

> The Celtics don't have an offense that could use a pure PG, JB.  You
> need a 5 + 4 to play on the box and players that will run the wing to
> use a PG.  We don't have such a team makeup with our current players.
>  Jim [Hill]
***************
	That's the shame, although, I believe that Walter, Battie, Kedrick and
Delk would thrive with a point guard to push the tempo and if you want
a  player on the box, let Baker play with that unit.
Perhaps, but Obie-won isn't going to use them that way. Here's where the argument for a "pure point guard" breaks down for me. Getting some guy who can make a good pass but can't play (Wayne Turner, Kenny Satterfield, whatever) isn't going to help much. We don't need a pure point; we need five guys on the court at once who can, and will, pass to the open man. We don't need a point to "push the tempo" (which I agree needs pushing). We need five guys willing to run the break.

The team is unconventional. Expecting to plug in traditional roles on this most untraditional team might work, but seems to me to be about square pegs and round holes. One of our problems is that our points are streaky, if sometimes deadly, shooters. We knew that. When they hit their shots (*and* the C's play good defense -- it's all about the defense), the team has a much better chance of winning.

	I won't mention the other Kenny, for fear of waking that ol' bear;
Bird, from his hibernation. I didn't think anyone ever slept in Vegas!
Oh, it's hard, what with the neon burning a hole through my retinae even with my eyes closed and all, but I try. Oh, how I try.

Bird

P.S. Is it me, or has the igtc server been down an awful lot lately? Well, at least it's not down for very long at a time.