Re: I Wouldn"t Get Too Upset With The NJ Lost

The Nets played a great game yesterday.  They shot the lights out, rebounded
well, played tough D, ran the floor, etc.  They did all the things which the
old Celtics used to do.  But can we please not crown these guys as the
conference champs this year?  They are trying to defend it and I do not
think they will be as successful as Dan does.

If they are sooooo solid, explain how the have lost previously to our
"mediocre" team?  As well as to the Bulls, Knicks, Bucks and Clippers?  This
is life in the NBA.  I can't recall any team that has gone undefeated
through the season.  As well, as solid as one may think they are, they are a
weak 4-8 on the road.  Something which may come back to haunt them in the
playoffs unless they get the #1 seed.

I give them credit for the way they manhandled the C's yesterday, but I'm
far from ready to throw in the towel.  They still have the tough Texas trip
and the western trip where the Lakers and Kings will be waiting for them.
There is still 2/3s of the season remaining.  That's a lotta basketball and
anything can happen.

Most of the posts since yesterday have revolved around the players Wallace
and Obie have selected and the offense but since we are trying to emphasize
defense, why does that get lost in the shuffle?  Review the posts from the
past few days and see.

Since many of them have mentioned the need for a point guard, which one will
Wallace draft?

Cecil