Re: Fingers should be pointing in two directions.

On Thursday, December 26, 2002, at 12:00  AM, Celtic4Hire@AOL.com wrote:

> The thing I really would have liked to see is for us to have a
> fast-breaking
> second unit. This would make it easier for the young guys and it would
> utilize their natural, athletic ability. However, Obie is stuck on the
> 3-point shooting complements to PP and Walker. It is starting to get
> in my
> craw how everyone is patting Obie on the back and pointing their
> finger at
> Wallace when Wallace, other than the Vin Baker trade, seems to be
> trying to
> get players that fit into this gimmick offense.
> DJ
> ***********************
	If the C's do not recover from the; imho,  poorly balanced roster: no
point guard, no rebounder/ banger; no one should forget, as the blame
pie gets cut up, although no one seems to want to face up to it, it was
Jimmy, who wanted: Bremer, Sundov and Wokowyski, over any other of the
minimum players on the market this summer.
	O'Brien brought them in for workouts, watched them in summer league
and publicly stated his preference for the "type" of player, as each
was being signed.
	As for the point guard for the second unit; well, we haven't had a
second unit since Pitino left, nor a real back up point guard, since
Tyus Edney.
	O'Brien wants  everyone on the team playing the same style and the
captains on the floor for most of the game.
	As I wrote yesterday, asking for the same; a running unit, in reply to
the posts, regarding the Sixers signing Satterfield; one of these days,
Jimmy may wear out his  horses, as he may have done last season, when
we hit the wall, up, 2-1, against N.J..

		JB

	Unchain My Heart !

PS. Sorry to be so negative this AM. I've been holding it in for 24
hours, out of respect for the holiday.
	I'll be away for the next four days, time enough, to play two more
games. I hope, when I return from our neighbor to the north, that all
will be well in Celtic land.
	Philosophically, I'm wed to the point guard concept, but not at the
expense of   not wanting to enjoy another playoff run, like last season.
From: Celtic4Hire@AOL.com
Date: Thu Dec 26, 2002  12:00:44  AM US/Eastern
To: celticsstuffgroup@yahoogroups.com, celtics@igtc.com
Subject: Fingers should be pointing in two directions.

The thing I really would have liked to see is for us to have a
fast-breaking
second unit. This would make it easier for the young guys and it would
utilize their natural, athletic ability. However, Obie is stuck on the
3-point shooting complements to PP and Walker. It is starting to get in
my
craw how everyone is patting Obie on the back and pointing their finger
at
Wallace when Wallace, other than the Vin Baker trade, seems to be
trying to
get players that fit into this gimmick offense.

Think about it. How could you make the Cs improve? Offensively, any new
guy
is not going to see the ball. The only way he is going to get the ball
is on
a three point attempt from a Walker/PP kickout. Is another three point
shooter the missing link? I don't think so.
How about defense? Who are you going to replace? Battie? Williams? PP,
Walker
and Delk are going to be in there for the offense.

So you are going to say that if we had better bench players, PP and
Walker
wouldn't be playing as much and we wouldn't have to run this style of
offense. I really wonder about that. We already got one guy, Baker who
averaged 15 points a game last year who is rarely the first or second
option.
But that is his fault because he doesn't fit this style. We need another
3-point launcher like Rogers. Wait, didn't we try that last year and it
wasn't enough then either?....

DJessen33