Re:Tell Santa to bring us a win

>As negative as some have been on Wallace, I just want to remind you that we
>are in first place in the Atlantic and within 1 game of being first in the
>>East. I just wonder how good we would have been now if we had replaced
>>Wallace with whomever or did some of the things you think he should have .

>>I would like you wish you all a Merry Christmas...

>>DJessen33

    True, but how much better would our record be if we didn't have to rely
on playing our two best players over 40 minutes a game even against the worst
teams in the league and if we actually had players on the bench capable of
stepping in when we lose a Battie or a Delk?
The drop-off in talent on this team after the starters is enormous.
We cannot afford a serious injury to ANYONE in the starting lineup.  How many
other teams are in the same boat?  How many of those teams are fighting for
playoff position with us?
This is exactly what I was afraid of going into this season.  Our bench has
to be the worst bench in the NBA outside of Denver.

Shammond is better than I thought he would be but he'd still be third string
on most teams.

Sundov?  He had one good game in the beginning of the season and hasn't shown
up since.

Bremer?  I sure didn't see anything special from him in the Chicago game
unlike at least one fan on this board.   He looked very much like a third
string combo guard to me.

Wolkowyski?  We have a 12 man bench, which fell to 11 for a long stretch when
Kedrick was injured, and I can't even remember what the guy looks like.  That
says it all right there.

McCarty?  Bringing Walter in off the bench is like rolling a 6'10" pair of
dice.  He's the proverbial giant box of chocolates.  You never know what your
going to get.  In one game against the Hawks he is credited with shutting the
Big Dog down and then he plays him again a couple nights later and the Dog
chases him up a tree like a scaredy cat.  He is a limited player that has the
good fortune of playing in a system that hides his weaknesses.  So what does
it say for this team when he could legitimately be called the 7th or 8th best
player we have?

Baker?  I think we've pretty much covered everything there is to cover on the
fiasco that is Vin Baker.

Brown?  I took a lot of heat for questioning this pick.  I'm still waiting
for this favor the Celtics were supposed to be getting from Kedricks agent.
Wasn't that the rumor?
I was criticized when I pointed out that Brown wasn't even the best player in
the JUCO ranks at the time.
Well, who has benefited from this secret deal between Wallace and Brown's
agent?
Brown's done pretty well for himself, getting paid like a #11 pick to sit on
the bench for a year and a half now.  Pretty good job if you can get it.
Brown's agent got his payday.
Okaloosa-Walton CC and their coach are surely finding it easier to recruit
now that they can say they've sent a player straight to the NBA.
No one can honestly say this has worked out well for the Celtics.
I'm not totally giving up on Brown.  He could still turn out to be an OK
player.  But if he had any chance on being a great player or even a very good
player he'd be seeing more than 6 minutes a game right now.  O'Brien wouldn't
be playing a backcourt of Delk and Shammond Williams on the court together at
ANY time, making it necessary for one or the other to try to defend players
half a foot taller.

I know Wallace has had to work on a limited budget.  But you would have to be
crazy not to question his judgment both regarding players and how they fit
into this Celtics system and with financial matters.

TAM