Celtics and Heat vs. Officials

Hmmm...
The Celtics dislike the officials.  The Heat dislike the
officials.  According to people associated with both teams, the feeling is
exquisitely mutual.

So, I wonder...will there be an NBA record of foul calls in the opening
quarter?

Or, will Riley set up Heinsohn for the stuff shot?  :>))

I had to listen to Marv (Yes!...here's another $50!!) Albert make snide
comments denigrating Heinsohn's tirade against the three unwise men during
the Celtics/Knicks broadcast.  The fact that I think 'ol Marv is an idiot
wearing an out-of-work tribble might bias me, but I believe he has no clue
what's going on over here in this universe.

And whomever wrote that unattributed article on ESPN.com downplaying the
rampant lack of competent officiating is also going to need all
his/her/their fingers and toes to count their likely IQ.

I loved it when someone asked if anyone had ever fined a broadcaster for
comments against the officials, and the reply was so fast, they'd obviously
already considered it.  Since they work for the network, and not the NBA,
they can't.  But I did briefly wonder if they'd have the temerity to try to
toss Tommy out of the game. I guess they weren't too anxious to test how
much insurance they had.

In the past, I had my qualms about the officials, but mostly relegated it
to hometown bias.  After the events of the last week, I sent Mark Cuban an
apology.  He's not nuts.  Well...ok, he IS nuts, but he's not wrong.  :>)

I thought of applying to become an official, but I have two glaring
problems that would bar me.

1) I actually admit my bias in favor of the Boston Celtics.

2) My sense of tact and diplomacy would eventually be overwhelmed by my
desire to toss Bryon Scott out of a game just because he played for the
Lakers, and isn't properly reverential of the mighty Celtics.

Ok, ok....I have trouble getting up and down the hallway...forget the
entire court!!

But, someday, I'd love to be a Celtics broadcaster, just like Johnny
Most.  Though I'd substitute the cigarettes and coffee for chocolate chip
cookies and Pepsi.  I get a blast out of using my audio-to-text to review
games as they're played, even though I have to work out a few bugs.  It's
like getting to call the game for an audience of two--me and the cat.  And
I like all my calls.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle
Please visit the
<http://users.mfi.net/fluteaphrael/celticsbeagle/celtics.html>Celtics