Re: [Celtics' Stuff Bremer makes his move

> ---------- Initial message -----------
> Shammond certainly did nothing last night to enhance
his future with the C's. He's currently making $2M year
and Delk is making around $2.6M.  Looking ahead, are the
C's realistically going to be able to offer Shammond that
kind of money next season? I think not.

It might take some time to play out, but I think Shammond
should come back on board with a market-corrected salary,
if we want him. He uniquely fits Obie's system, so its
seems in his own professional interest to stay in a good
place, even for Waltah or Rodney-type money. But Boston's
already at or over 54 million next summer, so I have a
feeling he'll only get a tiny offer out of Wallace.

I personally do not think we would trade him midseason
BTW, unless we get another guy who spaces the floor for
the captains as well as he does. That's especially true
in light of Delk's knee troubles.

As horrible as he shot the ball again last night (not
even close on his attempts), Shammond did record another
zero turnover game according to the boxscore, along with
three assists. That's 26 assists and six turnovers during
his shooting slump, better than 4-to-1. He's the only
roster player that looks the part of a point guard on the
dribble, and he continues to get timely steals.

Besides, the guy is a gym rat, he's humble and says the
right things.

That's not a bad player to have, even if the bottom seems
to have fallen out lately on his production.

Last night he had the open shots, but failed to convert
any.

I'm curious to see how Bremer's playing time evolves
after last night. That will tell us a lot.

As for Sundov, if he's going to play so be it. But he has
to take those open wide-open shots, because he's already
giving up way too much on the defensive end. Maybe it was
how he was coached, but the guy jumps no higher than 2-
inches off the ground even when a shotblock opportunity
presents itself. The guy has zero defensive presence.
He's not even good at pretending he's playing real
defense, much less making actual plays.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?