Bird Group To Be Awarded The Charlotte Franchise

So says Mitch Lawrence....
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/story/43480p-40993c.html

The NBA is expected to soon announce that Larry Bird's group will be
awarded the new Charlotte franchise. The franchise fee is expected to
set a record, at $360 million. Bird told the group's owner, Boston
businessman Steve Belkin, that $360 million is too high, to which Belkin
replied, "It doesn't matter, that's what I'll pay. I want this team."
Charlotte will draft no higher than sixth overall before playing its
first season in 2004-05, then will be eligible for a No. 1 overall pick.