Re: Thug wanted

I see your point.  It sure looked to me that Stoudamire was moving lateral
as well as up though. <Jim

>>Which Johnson said that?

  It was Frank.  I went looking for the quote but realized it was
Stoudamire's quote I saw in the Phoenix paper.  Frank Johnson's quote was on
WWZN this morning.
Perhaps someone else was listening and can back me up on this one.  He said
he thought Stoudamire went straight up and that "the kid" is just so strong
physically that Pierce just bounced off him awkwardly.  He said he thought
the ref's got it right.

>>If it was Frank then he has changed his tune.

  Franks comments in the Globe were basically backing up Jim O'Brien, saying
he would have done the same thing if he thought his player was mistreated,
not necessarily saying he thought it was a hard foul or even a foul on
Stoudamires part.
It was just one coach sticking up for another.  That's how I read it at
least.

TAM