Re: Thug wanted

Although the C's did not play well over the last 6 minutes, i think they deserve a pass on this one. There were some other things working against them that they normally don't have. This was not typical of how the C's play late in games. Someone else mentioned that they had their desire taken away from them. I believe that. If you hit a dog with a stick, he'll probably attack you. Do it again and he may attack again. but if you keep hitting him, eventually he's going to cower and stay down. I think the Celtics just got hit by a stick so many times last night that by the last 6 minutes, they had no fight left in them.

From: "hironaka@nomade.fr"<hironaka@nomade.fr>
To: celtics@igtc.com
Subject: Re: Thug wanted
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 23:03:35 +0200

me, but there was no
> call. This was the culmination of bad calls prior that
set the stage for an
> ugly situation. I give the Celtic fans attending credit
for not loosing
> their cool. They did let the refs hear it.
>
> DanF

see the "hit" that
> > Stoudamire put on Pierce three or four times in
replay though.  (....)

The amazing thing is that Vin Baker got a follow-up
flagrant foul for a much less aggressive stop. Not a no
call as with Pierce, but a flagrant. Its hard to explain
away that type of bias.

The whole situation was twilight zonish. It was a triple
technical (Obie 2X + Walker) yet I don't remember the
Suns getting three freethrows out of it. Maybe I missed
something there.

These three refs remind me of stereotypical rogue cops of
yesteryear, a bunch of sub-literate thugs with the
authority, but not the mental capacity, to carry out
justice as they see fit. I don't know what Obie can or
should do with his team to address this. For whatever
reason, some of these zebra numbnuts have decided they
don't like us.

At some point, probably all of us have had to ref some
sort of recreational or kiddie game. Naturally, its a
hard job to do well, and I respect that mistakes happen.
But last night, these guys acted like a bunch of thugs
set on throwing the game. I've lost a lot of respect for
the NBA and its ability to maintain quality control on
that profession. They are well paid and you'd expect
these guys to be mature, family men, types. But everytime
I hear soundbites of these guys talking to fans or
coaches, even those most charming ones act like near
imbeciles.

But again, the refs didn't throw the game over the last
six minutes. Boston lost it from that stage fair and
square, because our veterans got abused in crunchtime by
a 20-year-old and a 21-year-old kid, on a 1-7 road team.
The Celtics have to focus better on the goal, which is to
conquer opponents over any distractions or adversity.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?