Re: Vin Baker

--- You wrote:
<< The fact is Obie went with Antoine (or Walt) at center in
crunch time last night. It shows what a poor match Vin
Baker has been for this team. Pretty much a disaster. >> - J. Hironaka

Excellent point.  Eighteen minutes remained in the game after Battie
was sent to the dressing room.  Obie allowed Baker to play only ten of
those minutes, Sundov none.
--- end of quote ---

The bottom line is, Waltuh is a more valuable (some would say, by far)  player
for this team than Vin Baker, especially against a centerless team like
Orlando. Waltuh doesn't have to score to contribute, Baker does. Baker has to
be fed the ball; Waltuh goes and gets the ball. You look at their stats, and
Baker's are better, but in reality, Mccarty is a difference maker, whereas
Baker mostly just flounders about. I wish Baker could've used the opportunity
to get off the schneid, but Obie made the right decision to go with  McCarty.
(I can't believe I'm writing this about Waltuh!)
Kestas