  From: Celtic4Hire@aol.com
  To: dforant1@nycap.rr.com ; Celtics@igtc.com ;
celticsstuffgroup@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, December 08, 2002 6:36 PM
  Subject: Heroes are made in the playoffs

  <19 games into the season Baker's colder than Abe Lincoln. Shows no signs of
  getting a pulse. How much patience would you recommend? At least the
  youthful Battie had promise. This Indians got more for Manhattan than we for
  Vinny.>

  I would say give him through the playoffs this year and maybe even next
year.

  Kenny did nothing for 3.5 years and people were begging to dump him. He has
a nice playoff run with us and now the supposed people in the know question
how the Cs could get along without him. (Just fine).

  I think being a former 4 time all-star, an Olympian and averaging 15 points
last year ought to get you a little more than 19 games. Plus, if you watch the
games, you can see the C's rarely go to him, not that Vinnie isn't looking for
the ball much anymore. At this point, if Vinnie got the ball in the post two
times and he missed  both of the them, the so-called fans would be sighing and
he wouldn't even try anymore. He is just trying to fit in and no bust up
something that going good. Yet, Pierce and Walker can miss 8 shots in a row in
the first half and no one even blinks. If you gave Vinnie 8 shots in the
block, I guarantee he would get 4 baskets, or at least trips to the free throw
line. Now staying in the game due to his fouling is another matter.

  Heroes are made in the playoffs. Wait until then...

  DJessen33