Re: ? on Walker

At 09:29 AM 12/7/02 -0500, JB wrote:
While we're looking towards the post, I was watching for some plays to
Mr. Baker last night and while I should have learned, never to
contradict Tammo and I've only seen a hand full of games, it seems that
Antoine, particularly, will not throw the pass to Vin, underneath, even
if he is wide open. Is this a difficult pass? Dennis Johnson made a
living at it for a few years here, with no other apparent point guard
skills.
Yeah, but he was passing to people who didn't lose the ball with the regularity of Vinnie, who has REALLY got to do something about that. Dunno how key that is but seems to me likely a factor. I know it would cause me to have second thoughts in anything other than a blowout where a few turnovers either way shouldn't matter.

And BTW, I think you vastly underrate DJ, who was a superb defender in his prime and had very very good court vision at the point. Also a reliable, if not spectacular, dribbler and solid passer. He also could run the break and had an overall ability to control the tempo and run the offense, even if I think he did too much walk don't run. Rarely stood there just pounding it into the floor trying to figure out what to do while the clock ticked down into desperation - doing that with regularity is the classic sign of non-PG skills IMO.

Kim