RE: Callahan on Baker

The Vitaly trade happened because Boston won 36 games in
Pitino's first year; had won 50+ in his previous second
year coaching for the Knicks; and, above all, because
Andrew DeClerq was our starting center. Chris Wallace
didn't trade Andre Miller for Vitaly. That's just
hindsight talking.

I wish it had never happened too, but it was clearly a
matter of Pitino not coming through in season two as
expected, in the coaching department.

I think Pitino truly assumed there was zero chance of
Boston being back in the lottery, once we put a center in
there taller than 6-10 and weighing better than 220. I
think the entire organization worked off of that basic
assumption.

If you want to call it incompetence on Wallace's part, go
ahead. I don't really care to defend the guy. You know
how I felt about the Baker trade. And if he's trying to
pass the buck onto Gaston, I don't think that's
reasonable.

JH

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?