Re: ? on Walker

--- You wrote:
I suspect the Philly game is exhibit A for why I did not renew my NBA pass this
year.  Was Walker "orchestrating" and generally playing well while missing
decent shot attempts, or did he overshoot and generally take us out of any
chance to win by poor shot selection?  The box score is ugly.  Thanks.  Gene
--- end of quote ---

I think the Philly game is exhibit A why you SHOULD have renewed your NBA Pass.
Walker committed no such "crimes". He was playing well, delivering some
gorgeous passes, rebounding, and carried the team down the stretch with smart
drives to the hoop and post-ups. He was getting hacked all night, even more so
than usual. It's not entirely his fault he rarely gets to the line and his
shooting line ends up looking like this. What should be 2 FT attempts often
gets counted as a missed shot or a TO.

In general,  it was an exciting, pretty well-played game, with the much
sought-after "playoff intensity" from the middle of the 3rd on. Pierce was
shooting the lights out, especially in the 1st half. I don't think it's
anybody's fault that we lost. Maybe Obie stuck a little too long with the unit
that finished the game. They seemed tired towards the end, couldn't shut down
people like they usually do, and Pierce's 5 fouls didn't help in that regard.
But I don't know if Obie could've pulled out a win last night with a better
substitution pattern. Philly is extremely tough to beat in their building  in
general (10-0), and I thought they were playing particularly well last night -
Iverson, Van Horn, Snow, even Coleman were all on. They hit all the
make-or-break shots at the end.  Overall, our guys played a good game, just
came up a little short against a very hot team.
Kestas