Defense!

Although Boston still ranks a middle-of-the-pack team in
terms of FG% defense, since the first three games of the
season the Celtics are allowing just .411 shooting from
the field.

That would currently rank 3rd in the NBA, and it gives
Boston a chance to meet its team goal to be #1 in the
league this year (they were #3 last year).

Overall, Boston is also #2 in steals, #4 in opposition
turnovers, and #3 in turnover differential. We might have
a chance in those categories to aim for number one.

Things are finally coming together on defense, thanks to
Obie, Harter and all the players I have seen.

There was some slippage last week in terms of uncontested
shots, so the Celtics need to pick it back up straight
through the winter months, when many teams fall out of
synch a bit.

I think the Fleet Center fans really help with
the "defense" chants. Think back on the road games so
far, how rarely you hear that stuff in opposition arenas.

Its hard to understand why the Celtics have a better road
record (slightly) than home record thus far.

Joe H.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?