Vin Baker vs Rogers and Anderson

We had Rogers peforming at his best last year, and it gave us losing in the EC
finals. If we had kept him, maybe we could get to the finals, but would easily
lose to the Lakers/Mavericks/Kings/etc. He makes a large impact on a mediocre
team, but a minimal impact on a championship team.

 Put in that perspective, I'm glad we now have Baker instead.   He's much more
talented.  He's a legitimate star, and has dominated in the past.  I believe
his demise in the last few years was caused 90% by his environment, 10% by his
fragile ego.  We should be discussing how terribly the Sonics treated him
instead of speculating on how quickly he will break down and cry in training
camp.  We got a good deal here.

And then there's Kenny Anderson.  How ironic is it that last summer we were
bitching about not geting rid of Kenny, and this summer we are bitching about
trading him away?  There's no question the offense ran better with Kenny in
the lineup last year and faltered when Delk or Strickland ran the ball up and
gave it to Walker.  This is the aspect of our game I'm worried about.  Right
now our options seem to be (in order of most to least likely:
1. Have Walker bring the ball up, make him the actual point guard ala Magic
Johnson.
2. Hope Delk or Strickland can emerge this year as a legitimate point guard.
3. Hope Omar Cook or that other guy we got will surprise us all, much like
Tony Parker of the Spurs did last year.
4. Have trust in the Celtics Organization to go out and make a move to fill
that spot.

We already know what last year's lineup could do this year -- possibly get to
the finals where they will lose.  I think it will be a much more interesting
season with the new lineup:
Guard: Antoine Walker or surprise miracle guard
Guard: Paul Pierce
Center: Vin Baker
Foward: Tony Battie
Forward: Antoine Walker

And by the way, New Jersey won't be as successful this year as they were last
year.  First, they are the Nets.  Second, don't forget how weak the East was
last year, and nothing has really changed.  Some other team will emerge as the
best this year.