Re: Where's Antoine?

> Well, there was the photo of Antoine at the celebrity basketball game in
> Chicago that had many people buzzing about his seemingly slimmer bod.
>
>    http://www.igtc.com/archives/celtics/2002/Jul/msg00639.html
>
>    Of course as I pointed out he was wearing black in that picture, which
> as every woman knows is a very forgiving color. ( ;
>
>   Seriously though, I have no idea what he's doing this summer.  I do know
> that he was on the roster for Pierce's Nike Real Run team but never played.
>  Erick Strickland made an appearance.  Baron Davis stood in for Paul while
> he attended the ESPY's.  But no Antoine.  For anyone interested Paul's team
> was able to defend their championship, coming from behind in the semi
> finals and the finals with the Paul hitting a half court shot  at the
> buzzer for the championship.

> He did play in Magic Johnson's Celebrity ball game.  From what I read
> Antoine hit a couple of three's near the end of the game to bring the Pro's
> to within striking distance, but missed a three at the end that would have
> won it.  Pierce was the games high scorer.

 Really, besides last year, we never really have heard or seen a lot of
Antoine in the off      season.  So this summer has been pretty typical.

BTW, anyone wanting to wet their appetite for the World Championships should
check out http://www.nba.com.  The top right hand corner has a video of some
of the practice sessions.  You can catch PP going in for a dunk after beating
Marion off the dribble and
hitting a three from the corner.