Re: Coachtalk on JR Bremer

At 09:50 PM 8/20/02 +0200, hironaka@nomade.fr wrote:
Maybe he'll show a little David Wesley or Dee Brown in
him after a year or two in the league. That would be
plenty on a Celtics team that is fairly strong at the
other positions.
Wesley maybe. Not a Dee kind of PG IMO. This is not a bad thing, since Dee was definitely a shooting guard not a PG who played against his best assets by not taking it to the hoop more. Always seemed to me mostly because he disliked contact, especially after he blew out the knee (even though that was with no one around him). Dee could sky, was quick, and was very smart if not always basketball smart. Thought at the time he was a better athlete than basketball player, which is not at all the impression Bremer left me with. One of the things Bremer impressed me with was how relatively few mistakes he made -he didn't do much to leave you gasping for good or evil : )

I still need convincing though. I though Omar Cook
outplayed him in the televised Shaw game. And his college
shooting and assists stats aren't anything to get excited
about.
Y'know, you keep saying that and I keep shaking my head 'cause I was at that game and thought the dead opposite. Maybe the different perspective stems from Bremer not being particularly flashy and likely pretty much a WYSIWIG vs Cook still being all about potential. Thought at the time and still wonder how much Cook and Forte's lack of on court chemistry with their teammates while playing the point had to do with who they were playing with and the situation with more emphasis on winning a spot than team goals.

Anyway, thanks for the positive blurbs. I suspect there was an element of say no evil in the unremitting praise, but they weren't totally unrecognizable with what I thought I saw.

Kim