Coachtalk on JR Bremer

In an old article excerpted below from the Buffalo News
linked to his own Website, three A-10 coaches praise
Boston Celtics rookie hopeful JR Bremer. The kid produced
against St Bona's best competition last year, averaging
26 points vs. Oklahoma, Connecticut, Boston College,
Xavier, Temple, Saint Joseph's and Kent State. He was
named national Player of the Week by both Sports
Illustrated and ESPN.com after he scored a career-high 33
points in an upset win at UConn on Dec. 28.

Physically, Bremer set the strength record for guards at
the NBAs pre-draft camp. He also was among the camp
leaders in vertical jump, speed and agility testing. He
bench presses 350 pounds.

Maybe he'll show a little David Wesley or Dee Brown in
him after a year or two in the league. That would be
plenty on a Celtics team that is fairly strong at the
other positions.

I still need convincing though. I though Omar Cook
outplayed him in the televised Shaw game. And his college
shooting and assists stats aren't anything to get excited
about.

----

I think its always interesting to see a guy on another
team who loves basketball, St Joe's coach Phil Martelli
said. I dont know J.R., I dont deal with him on a day-
to-day basis, but it sure seems to me that he loves to
play basketball, and, to be honest with you, there are
not enough kids like that anymore. A lot of kids like it,
but they dont love it.

He shoots the ball well from the outside, said Temple
coach John Chaney. Hes got a mid-range jumper and he
penetrates as well as anybody Ive seen.

"I'll be surprised if he doesn't make it right off the
bat because he wants it. And when J.R. wants something
he's going to get it because he's a tough kid. He's got
the talent and he's stronger than a lot of guys in the
NBA right now" said St Bonnie's coach Jan van Breda
Kolff, a nine year NBA player.

"From my experience in the NBA, when you practice twice a
day against the same guy it becomes a war of attrition.
There's not much difference in the talent level. It's who
wants it more. It's who can bring it in the morning, who
can bring it at night, who can bring it the next day.
"I just can't imagine J.R. going up head to head with
anybody day in and day out for a couple weeks and losing
that battle. I am much more confident now that wherever
he goes, he's going to make it."

van Breda Kolff added, He plays with a passion. At
times, he has a fire in his eyes. Hes got the mentality
of a warrior. We had a stretch where we played three
games in three days in Belgium. On three consecutive
nights we had to travel an hour and a half to two hours
to a game. The first two games were in the hottest gyms
I've been in in my life. Guys were almost ready to pass
out. Everyone on the court was getting dead tired. But in
every game when everybody was ready to give in, I noticed
J.R. had another gear. I was like, "This kid is mentally
strong. He won't give up.'

"He's carried that into the season. We've played (26)
games, and most of them have come down to the very end.
He just has that refuse-to-lose attitude that rubs off on
the other players. His impact on the team is more than
just the 25 points per game. It's his will that has
enabled us to win a lot of these close games."

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?