Re: Hardaway/Strickland; Cheap Gaston

From: CeltsSteve@xxxxxxx

Actually, Greg Anthony is a better career shooter both from the field (by a
good margin) and from beyond the arc (pretty close) than Strickland.
For their career, Strick shoots 38.8% FG, 34.7% on threes. Anthony shoots 40.3% FG, 34.9% on threes. Statistically, the difference between them on threes is negligible, and I'm not sure 1.5% is "a good margin", but your point still stands. I'd rather have *both* these guys rather than Bremer,
and/or S Williams.

Under a best case scenario, I'd re-sign Strickland and let Bremer go so as to
allow the team to also sign a legit, veteran, playoff tested PG like Anthony
as the 4th small guard.
This would be great, but Bremer's contract is guaranteed, isn't it?

And for roster spot 13, I'd go after a bruiser like Gary Trent or Brian
Skinner in that order.
Sounds good, but do you really think the C's will carry more than 12 guys?

Bird