TIMMY!(?)

Colin wrote:

<<My vote is for E. Strick>>

Mine too.

Joe H. wrote:

<<On a per minute basis, Tim Hardaway's points, steals,
> assists etc. haven't declined that dramatically in the
> past two seasons. I don't know how injuries affected his
> play>>

I recall reading a report several years ago to the effect that Hardaway
has absolutely no cartilage left in his knees.  That's not good when
you're a tad under 6 feet tall and rely heavily on a crossover move for
your offense.

<<Maybe Hardaway can also get you five assists in 25
> minutes. Maybe he can stick in some daggers from 20 feet
> on out (he has more range than Kenny). He can handle the
> ball well. He can still steal the ball.>>

Maybe.  A big maybe.  If the Cs were looking to add a 13th guy, I'd
advocate signing Hardaway and having Bremer ready to step in.

<<I also remember TH to be an impact defender in his prime,
although I haven't paid attention to that aspect of his
game lately and would imagine there might be a decline.
But at least he's falling off from a high skill level.>>

I don't know that anyone on those Warriors teams was an "impact defender".
 I think that's why they never made it past the second round of the
playoffs.  In any event, I don't think we'd see anything close to Vintage
Hardaway.  I shudder at the thought of watching him attempt to guard Kidd
in a big game.  I'm a lot more comfortable with Strickland in that role.
Hell, I'd even experiment with letting Antoine run the point and throwing
Kedrick at Kidd.

<<At 36 I don't think his impact will be huge, but it could
be along the lines of Maravich in 79-80 or Ray Williams
in 1988.>>

I'm guessing you mean Ray Williams in 1985, and I'm not remembering that
as a good thing.  At this point I'd be very happy with John Bagley circa
1992.

What I'd really like to do is:

1.  Get a billion dollars.
2.  Buy the team from Gaston.
3.  Use the entire midlevel exception, splitting it between Rodney Rogers
and Erick Strickland.
4.  Sign Hardaway for the veteran's minimum
5.  Trade Eric Williams, Tony Delk and Shammond Williams to Milwaukee for
Sam Cassell and Ervin Johnson

The roster:

PG:  Cassell, Hardaway, Bremer (13th man)
SG:  Pierce, Strickland, Brown
SF:  Walker, Brown, McCarty
PF:  Baker, Rogers
C:  Battie, Johnson, Sundov

Michael Gooen

P.S.  Cecil questioned the following pronouncement from on high:

<<At least for this season, barring injury, we project Vin Baker
to "GET IT" and be a positive, impact type of contributor to
the Celtics.>>

Cecil, I think he means the royal "we".
HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com