Cassell?

I apologize if this has already made the rounds (I get the digest), but I
thought I'd pass along this tidbit from the ESPN rumor mill:

<<The Bucks were shopping just about everyone this summer and may not be
done. Cassell is also in George Karl's doghouse. League sources told
Insider this weekend that the Bucks will continue to shop Cassell and
would move him for the right offer. Karl still pines for Gary Payton and
given the latest developments with Payton and the Sonics, a trade isn't
out of the question. Several other teams, including the Pacers, Heat,
Celtics, Cavs, T-Wolves, Nuggets, Knicks and Warriors, are looking for a
veteran point guard and Cassell (who makes just $4.5 million this year)
comes at the right price. He recently inked an extension, so whoever gets
him, can have him locked up for a while.>>

What could the Cs offer that would be of interest to the Bucks?  Looks as
though they want to clear some cap room.... If I remember right, Eric
Williams is up in 2004, Battie's not up until 2006, Kedrick doesn't make
enough money to make the salaries match.  Hmmmmmm.

Cassell intrigues me.  He seems to have a rep as a selfish player, but
I've always had a lot of respect for those two rings he wears.  Maybe if
he's developed a chip on his shoulder about being the point guard everyone
dumps when they want to go after the All-Star (hasn't he been traded twice
for Jason Kidd), the Cs can sell him on a "we'll show them" mentality.
Tough to envision this trade happening, though.  Seems like several of
those other teams would have more to offer.

Michael Gooen
http://health.yahoo.com