Re: Walter

Sorry Gene, if you were upset about not signing Cook,Forte (who have some
skills that are better than alot of NBA players at their position), that
would be one thing, but Songaila is average even for an developmental
league player.  Walter is the better PF.

Even if Darius is more comfortable running sets than pickup style
basketball, he shouldn't have been outplayed by the Celtics other summer
league big men(...that's embarrasing).  He didn't try to grind like
Vitaly/Bargaric/Drobniak and didn't show SF athleticism like Turkoglu,
Radmanovic.  I hoped he'd show some Rogers/Croshere skills, but saw no
upside except for good PF size.

Usually I think exactly like you though when it comes to stubbornly having
high hopes for C's rookies.  I think they've made a big mistake trading
Forte and JJ's small contracts, firepower, and ballhandling (even felt
bad for Billups and Herren because they had heart).

On a different subject, Shammond Williams isn't 6'1, he has the
size/quickness of Barros(watched them head to head on an old game), and
lacks the passing vision of Forte.  Plus William's contract is 1
million more expensive this year.  The C's could have shaved more
capspace, and kept the better talent by leaving them out of the trade.