I'm ambivalent about Walta

The only reason I don't completely agree with Josh on Walter's value as an
end-of-the-bench guy is because on this bench he'll probably be more than
that. The Delk/Shammond Williams loser in the PG battle figures to be the
one serious scoring threat off the bench. Kedrick is a complete question
mark and more of a fill-in-the-blanks kind of athlete right now than a real
contributor. Either Battie or Ewill will be on the bench.

My point is, there just isn't much scoring there. There's no Rodney Rogers.
There's not even a Joe Johnson.

I'm not so sure the Celts wouldn't be better off waiting for another spurned
vet to sign for the minimum. Sure, you're taking a chance, but this team
needs some scoring punch off the bench. Last year, Jimmy Jackson went
unsigned until the season was about to start. That kind of player could be
out there. Walter brings some nice intangibles and situational defense, but
he doesn't bring points.

In a perfect world, I'd agree with Josh. But this offseason has created
anything but a perfect world for the Celts.

Mark