Re: Weekend update

> From: "James A. Hill" <jahill@leasingservice.com>

> It's time to give him the ball in that situation.
> Let him try and take the next step.  It's not like he hasn't proven his
> big
> shot ability this year.  Or was OB sending a little message.  Pierce had
> played a sloppy game I thought.  It isn't unusual for there to be more to
> the dynamics then just what we see.

Yes, exactly.  I, too, think Pierce ought to be given the opportunity to
take the final shot.  He's proven to be a big-time player when the team
needed it, and he's earned the right.  Then again, if it's a good look,
anyone on the team can take the final shot, even a guy like Waltah.  You
play as a team, you take the final shot as a team, in a way, as well.  But
perhaps you're right, in that maybe Obie was mindful of Pierce's sloppy
game, and wanted to out-smart Larry Brown.

By the way, this is the best thing ever -- we're actually talking about
the circumstances surrounding a crucial possession in a deciding playoff
game.  Outstanding.  It's been a long time.  I have a feeling that the C's
have seen the best Philly has to offer -- if Boston plays their game on
Wednesday better than they did in the last game, the series is officially
over.  Good chance of that happening, as this team bounces back better
than a bad case of acid reflux.

> It reminds me a little of Jimmy Chitwood at the end of the game in
> Hoosiers,
> "I'll make the shot Coach" (Or something like that.)  Maybe they should
> have
> run the picket fence for Pierce.

Yeah.  Love the guys who want to take it at the end -- those competitive
freaks who want all the pressure on them to make the deciding shot.  Great
stuff.  Maybe the picket fence wouldn't be such a bad idea, as it would,
at least, have the benefit of being unsuspected... .

Bird