From: Tammo29@AOL.com [mailto:Tammo29@AOL.com]
Sent: April 30, 2002 12:13 PM
To: Celtics@igtc.com
Subject: re: Weekend update

>"I don't know.  Certainly someone can make mistakes without being a
complete
>moron.  But, i don;t think running a play for Walker instead of Pierce is
so
terrible.  >Walker has made many game-winning shots, just as Pierce has
done.
 I'm >>confident in both taking a final shot, as long as it's a good look

   According to O'Brien the play that was called was a pick and roll between

Anderson and Rogers.  The 76ers defended it well and Anderson found Walker
open and got him the ball.  So, the play wasn't called for Walker either.
In watching the tape a number of things struck me.

  #1) Rogers set the pick, but never rolled to the basket.  He stood on the
three point line in the corner.  The defense collapsed on Anderson as he was

turning the corner and he slipped (at the same spot a lot of Celtics seemed
to be slipping on Sunday).  He was able to scoop the ball to Antoine at the
top of the circle, just before he hit the floor.

  #2) O'Brien also said in the paper that Pierce was doubled on the play,
just like he thought he would be..... ``That's simply because they had two
guys guarding Paul as soon as he went out on the basketball court,'' O'Brien

said. ``They were not going to let him get the basketball. See, I knew that
at the beginning of the series....... But it's clear on the tape that he
wasn't.

 #3)  O'Brien has repeatedly said the play was a good, almost great call.
Hard to say that when the play was defended so well that it almost resulted
in a turnover, the picker never rolled and the team got nothing out of it.

 #4)  The NBC camera's were on Pierce's back during the time out.  Antoine
was the first to leave the huddle. He didn't look particularly happy, but
it's hard to tell with Antoine sometimes.   Pierce turned around and the
cameras were right on him.  He didn't look upset.  He also didn't appear to
say anything.  He was walking towards his spot on the court when someone
screamed something at him.  He turned around and the camera caught Lester
O'Conner apparently saying something to him.  That is when Paul got animated

and said something to O'Conner and O'Conner shooed him away.
 If anyone else has the game on tape, I'd like to hear if they saw anything
differently. I'd also really love to know what O'Conner said to make Pierce
so angry.  Until I do, I'll reserve my judgment on the entire on court
situation.  I really believe we aren't hearing the whole story.