Re: Weekend update

Agreed about hero and genius remarks and fault finding of course.

I am surprised by the outburst of Pierce on this shot (Giving away the fact
that he is not taking the shot kinda defeats the decoy role a little too)
and I believe that there are others on this team who can score (Battie from
10' has been money-in-the-bank, Walker, Rogers) but you have to like the
passion being exhibited.  It's time to give him the ball in that situation.
Let him try and take the next step.  It's not like he hasn't proven his big
shot ability this year.  Or was OB sending a little message.  Pierce had
played a sloppy game I thought.  It isn't unusual for there to be more to
the dynamics then just what we see. Plus Walker has made a few of those
shots over the years as well.

It reminds me a little of Jimmy Chitwood at the end of the game in Hoosiers,
"I'll make the shot Coach" (Or something like that.)  Maybe they should have
run the picket fence for Pierce.

<Jim

>It all boils down to success, though: if they team had won, Obie's a
>genius and whoever makes the final shot is the hero.  Because they didn't
>>win, fault is found.  Now, I hope the coaching staff is looking at
"mistakes" they made, with an eye towards correcting them, but that