Re: Open Shot

My understanding, after reading "realgm.com", was that the play was designed
for Kobe to take the shot but he kicked it out to a wide open Horry when
Pippin over played him.  Just for the record.....  Still the Celtics have
other shooters so a case can be made for giving it to Pierce...or not. IMO.
<Jim

Douglas342@AOL.com stated,
>After reading this thread, I was thinking about the Laker-Portland game
>yesterday.  (I missed the C's game because I was at the NASCAR race.)  I
>heard the last few seconds on the radio.  The Lakers were down 2 with a few
>seconds to go.  During the timeout, the announcers were talking about who
>would get the last shot.  Interestingly, neither one thought it would be
Shaq
>or Kobe.  The color guy picked Derek Fisher, and the announcer pegged
Horry.
>It was Horry.  So maybe using someone other than your go-to guy (Pierce) in
>that situation is good strategy, as the Portland defense was on Shaq and
Kobe