Re: A foul delay

        **********
    Not only was Paul up faking, he was fouled. I watched Mutombo on the
other end, after the call. He went into the lane and stayed there for about
8 seconds. No call. I'm sure he was parked in the lane for most of the game.
If you are going to enforce the three second rule, call it early and let the
teams know you are watching. Don't let it go on all game and then whistle
for it, down the stretch, when the game is on the line.
    Whether Walker or Pierce drive the lane more,  depends a lot on whether
they will get the call when they do, when they are bumped or hacked. The
zebras set the tone for the game and determined the winner. On the last 10
or so possessions when the game was decided, if the Sixers missed the
basket, they got the foul called.
    At our home court, we are lucky to get close to the same number of calls
as our opponent. On the road, we saw yesterday the result.
    After Walker sank his seventh three, he did the wiggle/shake. Do you
think the ref's noticed and didn't like it? The announcer made note of it
and thought it was "bush."

              JB

                        Unchain My Heart !