Layoff helps Celts too.

Hello all,

Well...

I have to admit i was wrong. O'Brien is looking like a very smart coach.

His techniques on offense and defense seem perfectly suited for the new
rules. I think the Celts have adapted to the new rules on defense and offense
better then anyone. The Celts really seem ahead of the NBA curve. Even the
commentators
are a little slow to catch on to their schemes.

They apply convential wisdom to the NBA..but the zone has changed everything.
Like Papile said the emphasis now is only mutli-dimensional athletic
players..not big men. There is no place in the NBA anymore for a guy like
Mark Eaton.

The Celts use their defense to all but neutralize big men. Mutumbo actually
seems worse then Battie, and Coleman seems much worse then Walker.
I can't wait till we try that stuff with Shaq. That will be the real test.

And the layoff...here is my take:

Guys like Battie and Camby get really beat up in NBA games. They have the
talent
to be good players, but often because of their frailty they can't handle the
grind. Now that Battie is in the playoff the guy gets to rest his little
injuries...and then
he can play huge. As a year long Battie backer...I am impressed. I never
thought
he would be confident, taking and making huge clutch shots. Awesome.
So far Battie has been a great play-off player. Who would have guessed?

Walker also plays better..cause he will go full out for the whole game..
its great.

I think KA also benefits from the layoffs..being an older player.
Though I always thought he was pretty good. He doesn't get great stats..
but the Celts just flow better when he is in control.

Poor Delk though. I can't believe he didnt play at all. I still think he is
more talented
then Strick.

I am not so sure the series is over though. The Sixers could win both in
Philly..
and Iverson along with his refs could steal one here. I said it once..I will
stay it again
Iverson gets more non-fouls then ANYONE in the NBA..

Pete