Hello all,

>     I'm not mathematician but it seems to me this formula would tend to
> favor
> big men who can block shots and have a high field goal percentage.  It
> doesn't appear to take outside shots into consideration at all.  Rebounds
> are
> more prevalent than assists and big men will obviously get more rebounds
> than
> small forwards or guards, while it's not unusual for the offense to flow
> through dominate big men allowing them to get a decent number of assists.

Well it takes into account points scored...so it does count outside shots.
right?

A guard or small forward can get rebounds and assists easier then
a big man though, I think. They handle the ball better and can make more
passes. Either way I think rebounds are more important then assists. Give me
Shaq over
Kidd any day.

Assists are a weak statistic, and they should count less.. If your guy
catches the ball, then does his own dribble drive move, you lose the assist.
You will rack up more assists if you have big men without one on one skills.
If you watch the Celts you will see lots of catch and shoot opportunities
passed on for a dribble drive. I mean like
half of Anderson's assist go to Potapenko and Battie. Thats cause the need
him.

Also..assisting scoring doesn't seem that consistent..if you ask me. Seems
like when a guy is hot he gets assists for say one dribble shots and so on.

Anyway ,  I think its quite possible to be out assisted and win the game if yo
u dominate on the boards. But even if you rack up tons of assists and get
whacked on the boards your very likely to lose.

So I think the computer is right on. Your team could easily win being out
assisted, but if  your severly out rebounded I don't think your gonna win.

I think the results seem pretty accurate. Duncan is a huge help to the
spurs..
and much more worthy then Kidd who didnt even make the top five.

Pete