ticket master....%$#$#!!!!

Are you kidding me??? That's robbery. Geez. They should at least buy you
dinner first.-Mark

--- --- ---

Why doesn't Battelle come up with a comp time program that gives the option
of "banking" some of the time to be used when there is no work, which would
reduce the amount of downtime/overhead charging. I realize Battelle has a
mini-comp time program where exempt staff have the time card period and
nonexempt have the week to use extra hours they work.  But  being in a
service group we are often on a job that requires extra time, and we are too
busy to take it during that period.

In discussing this with others I have been told that it is probably
government regulations that prohibit it.  If this is the case, how do state
and county workers bypass this law and accumulate additional hours?  I have
also been told it is for my protection because supervisors would "encourage"
nonexempt staff to bank the hours instead of taking the pay.  There are ways
to have safeguards built into the program such as asking the staff member to
submit a written request to have the time banked instead of being paid
overtime.