Re: FW: [Celtics' Stuff John Amaechi

In a message dated 4/16/02 5:14:40 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
james.metz@verizon.net writes:

> The point guard position
> needs to be addressed and, as I see it, Delk, or Strickland, will have to
> go, if Kedrick Brown and/or Joe Forte are even on the roster, let alone
> getting playing time, next fall, unless, I suppose, a very young point
> guard, who wont play much, comes in, but, then there is the danger of an
> injury to Anderson and the reality, that his contract is up, after next
> season and someone may offer him some serious money, just when we plan to
> use his money for an inside player..

----------Am I the only one here who thinks the jury is still very much out
on both Forte and Brown?  Now, I have voiced my skepticism many, many times
about taking college 2 guards and trying to covert them to points in the NBA.
 Forte may not make the transition.  But what have we seen this year other
than a rookie being brought along slowly?  Ditto Brown.  What have we seen
that makes us think he might be history?
     I may be way off base, but I certainly haven't counted either of them
out.  Yet.