re: Mr MVP

>>--- You wrote:Kenyon Martin had requested to be held out of the remaining
games >>so as not to pick up another flagrant foul which would impact the
playoffs. --- end of quote ---

>>I guess he has no control over that, eh?

  That was my thought when I heard it too.  But I heard a radio interview
with some newspaper guy that follows the Nets (sorry, I can't remember his
name), and he was convinced that with the way the NBA is calling the flagrant
fouls this season, it is out of the players control.
  Believe me, I'm no Nets fan, and I'm certainly no Martin fan.  But we've
seen instances with the Celtics were harmless fouls have been called
flagrant.  Walter McCarty had one not that long ago.  It happens.