Rick Carlisle

Let's give a former Celtic his due. As much as some of us might admire
the job Jim O'Brien has done, the Celtics had more talent and more
reason for optimism coming into this year than the Pistons.

Many of us expected the Celtics to be in the playoffs this season, but
NOBODY anywhere thought the Pistons would be at .500, let alone winning
a division. To get that assorted collection of Detroit misfits where it
is now is definitely worthy of Coach of the Year.

I look at that roster and I still can't believe it.

STEVE