Re: Hubie is second worst only to Stockton

On Saturday, April 13, 2002, at 08:00 AM, Celtic4Hire@aol.com wrote:

> The only broadcaster I hate more than Hubie is Dick Stockton. Hubie always
> loves the hot guy and never tells you something you don't know. There are
> so
> many guys who are better than him and certainly more entertaining. Dick
> Stockton, although just the play-by-play guy, is of the same breed.

I agree about Stockton -- he's lousy.  I can't describe it correctly
(believe me, I've spent *years* trying to) but he basically just describes
the action, and he's always has to put a spin on it.  Like, putting the
play in it's historical perspective, according to him.  Ah, I knew I
wouldn't do a good job of it -- maybe he just annoys me, plain and simple.
   There's just something about him, and I can't quite put my finger on it.
   He's definitely a tool, though, no doubt about it.

As for the Hubermeister, there are plenty worse broadcast guys, imo, but I
can certainly see how he could grate on a person.  I wonder how much of
this is just a sort of personality conflict.  Probably quite a bit, but I
still think there are objectively lame broadcast guys, and Dick Stockton
is their poster boy.  All in all, though, I'd have to say that I most hate
whichever homer broadcaster I'm listening to that isn't associated with
the Celtics.  Tommy must annoy the hell out of the great unwashed.  In the
end, though, who cares?  They're only non-Celtics fans -- of what worth
are they, really?  Precious little.  Taking up the air a bonafide Celtic
fan could breathe, as far as I'm concerned.  Kind of the same for
announcers.

Bird