Re: end of season trade thought

Toronto wouldn't trade Carter for Walker and a #1 of ours (High teen's).
Chicago probably wouldn't trade Chandler and their #1 this year for Carter
now that they have Rose and considering Carters knee injury.  They sure
wouldn't add Crawford.  They may start 3 7'+ players next year along with
Crawford and Rose with Fizer off the bench.  Think of where they will be in
three/four years with that lineup.

I could see Chicago making a run for Rogers though as a FA.  He would add
what lost-it-all-its-a-shame Oakley was supposed to bring to the table but
didn't.

I'd do the trade if you could make it happen, though I'd prefer Curry over
Chandler.   But I think 7' footers who are projected to play the SF will
change the game as it is played today.

I just don't see Walker going anywhere unless you do a real multi-player
trade, like Dallas did.  I don't see that happening.  I'm not sure I want
that to happen.  I just hope Walker continues what he started last off
season.  His continued improvement along with Battie making the next step
are key to next year.  Plus as well as KA has played this year I wonder what
is in store for him being in the last year of his contract.  We can't sign
him for the same money, please!, but he has a couple years in him.  If we
see a trade of the starting 5 in the off season I would think it would be KA
that is moved to another team.  I don't see anything happening though.

<Jim

Shawn stated:
>So you basically want to trade a bonifide star for a rookie who didn't have
>a good rookie season, and a number 1 pick that may or may not be something
>good? That type of trade gives Red a heart attack and sends him to his
>grave.

>From: "Howe, Reggie Mr.  HQ USAREUR/7A, ODCSIM"
>
>This fantasy trade comes to mind as I read poor Vince Carter and his
>relationship at Torr. After we enjoy our unexpected (come-on how many
>really
>thought we would be this good, with some upside potential even?) playoff
>run, and I hope we win the east. A move or two I would love to pull off
>that
>might take us to the next step..
>
>Walker and one of next years #1"s for Vince Carter
>Carter and fodder or even the other next year #1 to Chicago for this years
>#1, T. Chandler, hell even take Crawford off their back.
>Then sign Rogers to give back some of what we would lose from Walker's
>departure.
>
>Benefits Walker to be with a veteran team, Torr in that Carter is
>definitely
>a down the road problem for them, I think Walker would gain gain maturity
>there, Chicago gets a true star, we get Future star in Chandler plus
>possibility to get either Williams, Ming, or whoever is to be that Next
>PROJECTED star.
>
>Go Celts!

Jim Hill
Private Label Leasing, Inc.